Monday, September 20, 2010

MASCARA

I know most of my entries as of late have been about drama, but this one is different.

See, I'm the kind of person who hates change often so when I find something I like I usually stick to it. I have used AVON's Curvelicious mascara for a while now, but my niece turned me onto Maybelline's Falsies mascara. I only used it today and I liked it. The AVON mascara is good if you have naturally long lashes, but this Maybelline one seems to work even if you don't. The secret to both mascaras is the curved brush. I don't know why I'm so excited about this mascara. Enough to write about it. I really like the bright colorful purple packaging too :)

According to Maybelline, "The Falsies Mascara delivers a false lash look; giving you a full set of voluminous, bold, fanned out lashes and the appearance of no gaps from any angle.
The Pro-Keratin and Fibre enriched formula is designed to deliver immediate results, distributing volume and visible intensity to your lashes. The patented ‘Spoon’ shaped brush helps fan lashes out."


Well I had no complaints, no clumps, well fanned out, and good cover. I like it. It was on sale at Target too for $5, which is cheaper than my Avon brand mascara regular price $7.99. I say its worth a try!

Note: I did use a different Avon mascara for my lower lashes. Also, its hard to get good close up eye pics. Especially when you need flash, but you dont want to make yourself blind taking the pic :p

side note:
I'm also curious as to whether anyone else applies eyeliner to the inner rim of their eyes. I do this all the time, but I get mixed opinions as to whether it is safe or not. I personally have never had any infections from it, although sometimes it does run in and under my lower eye lid. Thats why I am also on the look out for a good eyeliner that will not run. Again I am partial to my AVON eyeliner, which does stay on long, but need a brand alternative that I can buy at any Walmart, Target, or drug store when I can't place my AVON order. Any suggestions??

2 comments:

  1. I apply to the inner rim sometimes, but I never ever share my makeup. Some people give me weird looks about this, but sharing makeup is gross. I've never had a problem either.

    I've been considering buying that mascara, so glad to hear a positive review. I try a lot of new products, sometimes I like them and sometimes I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't ever share eye makeup. It spreads bacteria and can lead to infections. Not so pretty. So yeah, good for you for not sharing!

    ReplyDelete