Friday, September 24, 2010

New hair product reviews

So I kept seeing this commercial for "Tio Nacho" shampoo on the spanish channels and I was curious as to what the hype was all about. It makes alot of promises. It is also really hard to find, but I finally found it at CVS pharmacy. They only had the one used to hide grays so I bought it for like $7.99 and gave it to my dad to use, he has alot of grays. I have noticed his hair darker and softer. Our whole family thought he had dyed his hair LOL. Well that pushed me into trying it out for myself. I bought the Natural Lightening shampoo with natural extracts and "Royal Jelly and Chamomile" for $6.99. This shampoo supposedly nurtures and helps strengthen hair and naturally lighten it. Ohh well, worth a shot. I just used it tonight, and I will say that once my hair dried, I felt it soft and worthy of running my fingers through it. LOL , it felt as if I had at least used a conditioner, but I didn't! Tio Nacho only has shampoos, or at least the store I went to only had the shampoo. But really, there is no need for one, the shampoo leaves your hair quite soft by itself. For a first time use, I was impressed. I am gonna hold off on commenting about the lightening effect for a few more washes. I have really dark brown hair with reddish hidden highlights only visible in bright sunlight. I am hoping to see some of the lighter tones enhanced. All in all, I say the Tio Nacho shampoos live up to the hype, at least for now. My soft hair and my dad's darker and less gray hair are testimony to that. You should try it IF you can find it in stores.


While at CVS, I also saw a section of got2b products and the "smooth operator" Smoothing Lustre Lotion with cashmere caught my attention. It may have been the cute pink bottle and the attached charms.

Yes, charms on the bottle. Cute right!

Anyways, I took the lid off to smell it and it smelled really sweet, almost like cotton candy. The product is "infused with luxurious cashmere, shapes, smoothes, controls fly-aways and imparts an amazing weightless lustre and softness. Helps to protect against damage from heat styling and contains a UV protectant." I was sold! All that is something I need. Softening effect, controls fly-aways, heat protectant , and enchanting smell. I used it once my Tio Nacho washed hair had air dried. It immediately makes your hair feel soft-er and ohh so touchable. The smell is awesome too, not at all too sweet like candy or fruit, but cashmere-ish, if there is such a smell LOL.
I think I might have to look into the got2b hair line products for shampoos or hairsprays.

Then, since I had nothing else better to do, I decided to curl my hair a little bit to see the "heat damage" protection of the got2b product. I use the old fashioned hot rollers because they are quicker and I think are safer than the curling iron which can over heat your strands and cause more damage. Besides, I'm lazy. All I gotta do is plug it in, let them heat up, put them on and take them off after a while. All in all it takes me about 10 minutes.

Well, I only wanted loose manageable curls, and I got them. Even now, about 3 hours later, they are still nice and flowy without having to add on extra hairspray like I usually do. I must admit, I did have a few fly-away hairs, but that is fixable with a flexible hairspray. Too bad I didn't have anywhere to go. I stayed home and watched tv, but damn I felt cute with my soft bouncy hair.

1 comment: